In the Tub



Tonight I was bathing Kaitlyn & Gretchen. I watched as they played with a few toys, 6 to be exact. 2 horses for Kaitlyn, 2 horses for Gretchen, a stingray for Kaitlyn and a shark for Gretchen. Spiderman, Wolverine and a rubber snake had to sit this one out, or it wouldn't be "fair" and we are REALLY into "fair". Anyway, I watched as Gretchen's horse proceeded to give birth (nothing graphic) and walk around. A good minute went by and Gretchen announced, in reference to her mother horse, "She still doesn't know she even had a baby."

I thought to myself, "how could she have missed that?" Then I asked.

Gretchen held up horse and showed me.

"You see how her head is up high? It doesn't bend down, so she can't see her baby."

The mother was the horse pictured above and the baby was a white version of the lincoln log type seen here.

3 comments:

Fox said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fox said...

If only it was that easy.

Blake and Jessica said...

Very smart. Gretsie is very intelligent for deducting that, and very perseptive for knowing that the mother horse should know she had a baby. Very cute.