Over Jake's 7th birthday we went to Idaho to spend some time with the Fox family and enjoy the Caribou County Fair.
The kid's brought the Mock's to enjoy the fun. Gretchen stayed home with granny and grandpa Bruce so Dean wouldn't tease her.
The kids did a pretty good job of entertaining themselves. They kept accidentally riding their bike through the mud puddle so they just had to continuously wash their bikes.
On Tuesday, this 7 year old did a little mutton bustin' at the Youth Rodeo.
He did awesome and looked so handsome. I love it when we are up there, he talks all grown up (I guess he is) and even walks cute.
While we watched the kids do rodeo events, these kids busied themselves. They made friends, got in peoples way, shot arrows, enjoyed cotton candy, snow cones, spilled snow cones and made friends with the rodeo clown.
In one event, the boys ran through the mud chasing a sheep with money tied to it. The girls we in the older age group, so they chase a calf. They were covered in mud, and even lost their flip-flops in the arena.
Now that was a BIRTHDAY PARTY!!
Wednesday the kids rode their bikes in the kids parade. By the time we dropped them off at the beginning of the parade and got to the end, we had missed them, so no pictures. After a popsicle at the park and lunch at Berg's,
we headed over to the fair. It is simply the best fair ever. It is laid back and has the best food. We enjoyed peaches & cream, homemade pie, navajo tacos, and steak on a stick.
My favorite part is the Arts & Crafts building. It is the only place I know where a kid can get a blue ribbon for building a diorama with their toys. The only place a 90 year old lady gets a blue ribbon for saving a doll from her child hood, a place where they sell bouncy balls. It is a hoot.
It is so down home that I didn't even have to watch the kids... can I say that?
It is one thing to help build a child's self esteem, but an entirely different deal when you are encouraging delusional adults. Either way, I still get excited to see it every year.
We watched Leann and Craig dance under the big top. The kids each picked there "thing", Gracie & Braylie got rings & Jake & Kaysen got swords.
That night we went to the PRCA rodeo and left the kids at home with a babysitter. It was incredible to be at a rodeo and get to watch it.
Thursday before we left, we did hair and glitter toes.

7 comments:
Looks like so much fun! I love small towns! I used to spend a lot of time up in Park Valley as a teenager, your pics remind me of that.
I LOVE county fairs...so much to see and EAT.
I like Rob Thomas's Something to Be. But if you like Matchbox Twenty, I love their Exile on Mainstream because it has two discs...one with new songs and a greatest hits on the other. Or buy them for cheap on half.com and get the ALL.
:-)
i love that jake did mutton bustin ..what a stud
What great family fun!!! xoxoxox
Go Jake! Sounds like heaven for most kids up there. lol. And I am jealous that your kids took tennis lessons. I still wish I could play that sport!
So first off I totally didn't know you knew Brady and Laurel...maybe I did...but not to the extent! haha So you said the thing about the games and how Brady cheats, Really found it strange. I decided to ask Laurel how you guys knew or rather Brady knew you. So funny!! It's a small world :) I could lend a blanket to Jake, because if he'll cuddle up in a flower one, must mean he knows the worth of a good blanket! haha
Love all the pictures! Everyone looks like they had a ton of fun, especially in the mud!!! Makes me miss the rodeo, horses, mountains, grass, open space...So fun!
Miss ya, Hope everything is going swell :)
hey i just noticed this post on the side of my blog. it has probably been there for awhile (tells you just how out of it i really have been lately). my kids had the time of their lives going to idaho with you guys. jared even said tonight that he thinks kasen knows what he is doing around horses because he has been to dean's. i love that you were able to go and enjoy yourself also and didn't feel like you had to worry about where my children were at all times. i love that you treat them just like one of your own. it truly is awesome when you have a friend who you can fully trust with the things that mean the most to you in your life. i love you so much and i truly appreciate your friendship (and our kids friendships).
Post a Comment