I Was Featured


Click to read. It would be fun to know about you too.

meet Angela Ballard

this is angela. i have never met angela, but we are blogging buddies. here is what angela has to say...
 
My name is Angela. I am married to Mike & we have three naughty/darling children. I work 30 hours a week (3 tens) for a financial institution as a loan officer. I can't spell & I wish I didn't swear. I have the calves of an athlete, but I am not coordinated or thin. I can't do the "grape-vine". I love blogs, I waste a lot of time on them, but they make me want to be a better person. I don't find myself comparing my situation to others, but wanting to make more friends. I enjoy being around people & I hate folding clothes. If I had to choose one chore I enjoyed, it would be hosing off the driveway. I do worry that my neighbors wish I would "slow the flow, save H2O", but I find it so therapeutic. In fact, I really enjoy the sound of running water. I always forget to turn off the sink. I enjoy drawing or doodling. I won a contest with my handwriting and it is now a font for sale at a digital scrap booking store. It is the best seller & I make money for it! I have texture issues & I love to rub silky edges of blankets. I still have my blanket from when I was a baby & the only reason I don't lay it over my pillow at night is because it would literally not last another year. I keep it safe in a drawer. I am addicted to Pepsi & I love candy. I am a Mac advocate. I am a sucker for my son & my daughters can manipulate me into things. I love my calling, I teach Relief Society. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints & I have a testimony of it. I hate it when people say "with ever fiber of my being" "checkingS account" and "milky". I love color and bright sun. I would much rather be hot than cold & I am glad that my husband is a hunter rather than a sports fanatic. If you want to know my opinion, I will give it to you. If you ask about me, I might say too much...
 
What Scares You The Most?
Well, there are the Sunday school type answers: loosing my family, sick children, loosing my Honey, blah blah blah. And then there are the type of answers that make people unique. I am scared to death of small places, I have me some serious claustrophobia. I have a fear of suffocation. Sometimes, I am nervous that someone will sit too close to me in Sunday school. If it gets warm, the space starts to shrink. Sometimes, I can't even handle my husband too close. Sleeping bags can kill...
 
If You Had One "Do-Over", What Would it Be?
If I had a "Do-Over" I might practice the piano? Let's get real, I was much too busy organizing the neighborhood to practice the piano. If I could do something again, knowing all that the future still held for me, I would like to go back and do my mission again. I didn't do anything wrong, I just focused too much on what would happen when I got home, getting married & having a family. I wish that I could go back and give it more than my all, really take advantage, focus only on learning and growing spiritually. I had this mind-set that my mission was for my future family. It should have been for me & the people I was serving. I really could have done more.
 
What is Your Favorite Thing About Yourself?
My favorite thing about myself, where to start, I have a great self-esteem:) I am funny. I crack myself up. Sometimes, I have to point out when I am being funny, see, that was funny. I am generally positive/sarcastic, but I can't stay mad or sad for long. I am not a grudge holder, if I was, I might miss out on some fun.
 
What is The One Thing You Wish Everyone Knew About You?
One thing I wish everyone knew about me would have to be that, my bark is worse than my bite. I talk sassy, I stand up for myself, I say "I would have said...", but really I am an insecure chicken. I can't even play charades with family. I hate being embarrassed or put on the spot. Sometimes, I try to have a fight with my husband because I have a right to be mad. I point out what has happened & what needs to change. He stops talking, never says anything rude, just shuts down, and before you know it, I am sobbing and rubbing his back, apologizing for hurting his feelings. I am not good at not being liked. Sometimes, you shouldn't care, but I really don't want people to think I am a brat.
 
What Would You Do With $500,000?
If I had $500,000 I would take a trip to China. I have always wanted to go to the Hong Kong temple. I saw a picture of it when it was first dedicated, and that very day, it became my destination. Once I got a fortune in a cookie, it said "You will enjoy a trip to the Orient". This is how I interpreted it --You will get to go to the Hong Kong temple-- So it has been taped to my fridge ever since. I heard, that a trip to China is not a very pleasant trip, so then I would obviously take one of those really amazing trips too. Then, I am sure I would spend the rest responsibly...
 
 
angela! what interesting answers to my questions. i kind of love you and think we were meant to be real life friends. thank you so much for playing.

5 comments:

emilee said...

Fantastic! I learned somethings (Unfortunately for me this is an embarrassing statement because I am your sister. I should pay attention.)
Love you!

amity said...

i loved reading this!! your voice actually read it too me in my head. i know that sounds weird but it truly was you. this girl was very smart to pick you for one of her firsts!! you will help bring people to her blog and you should probably get ready because you are going to have an overload of visitors to your blog. (maybe you can make money on it like your font!) i am so glad i am able to call you my friend (you know my bestie friend for life!!) thanks for sharing this with me and for always being there for me!! i love you!

Megan said...

You make me laugh. As usual :)

emily ballard said...

I loved reading that. Learned quite a few things. Hasn't Kacie talked you out of China yet? I suppose if you go, you can stock up on pearls for me. . .

Anonymous said...

oh that is awesome.. you are so cool Angela. your my hero ;)