Big Budah Fox 13 News

This morning started pretty early (5) and was busy from the get-go. Gracie had the chance to be on the news with her school. She recited some of her lines from her second grade play, MacBeth & played the drums with a special group from the 3rd grade. North Ogden Elementary was featured as the "Cool School" of the week. Here is a link if you want to watch. Gracie is in 3, 5 & 6. Both Gracie & Jake are in 9. He is on the front row, on the left side of the red walk-way. He has on his green jacket zipped up to his chin :).

The staff picked a few select groups to showcase the fun opportunities that our school provides. Gracie was lucky enough to be in 2 of those groups. She has been quite fortunate to have such wonderful dedicated teachers. It was also "Walk your kid to school day" and everyone had to wear green to represent their commitment to safety. After the "cool school" ditty, they had an assembly with Ronald McDonald. What a great day.
We love North Ogden Elementary.

9 comments:

emilee said...

Oh, my stars....5 o'clock seriously. I can not even get out of bed that early. Congratulations Gracie and Jake for being tv stars. Good job, mom, for getting them there on time :)

Anonymous said...

So fun I'm glad you posted because I felt bad that I didn't get to see them. Thanks Love you all
Grannie Sharon

emily ballard said...

Very cool. I'm glad you posted these links so I could see it.

Why isn't Gracie going to be a witch for Halloween? you have a darling costume all ready for her.

emily ballard said...

And you are right. He does look like Seal.

Trisha said...

I love it Angela. I saw it on facebook too. I left you a message at home. Good job Gracie.

The White's said...

That was cool! I like the part where Gracie hit her drum to keep the other kids on beet. great job on everything! Jake looked cool too!

The Ballard's said...

Hey, I should clarify, we got up at five. We were supposed to be at the school at 6:30.... We were still late:(

ScottandMikell said...

Super cute and very cool! I love the pictures. Man kids in Utah are so much more put together than in Oregon. All the girls have their hair done and the kids are dressed so nice. Ohhhh makes me want to move back. I guess I'll have to settle with my kid being the only child not raised by hippies:)

Anonymous said...

That man taught me the drums in 5th grade! I think it's the same guy! Is he from Ghana? :)