Shark Tooth Birthday

Since our last trip to Antelope Island, Jake has been planning our next.  For his birthday he wanted a shark tooth from the visitors center at Antelope Island.  So today, for Jake's Birthday & Craft Day, we went.
The Ballard cousins, the Hall cousins, Dalton & the Mocks. 
We needed some boys!!
   



   




There it is. The shark tooth from Antelope Island.
When we went in to the visitors center I couldn't find any shark teeth.  I let him pick out something else & he choose a stuffed buffalo & a book mark, 
cause he was gonna' read his book all the way home...
that is what he told me...
When we went to the register, I told the fellow that this boy had been wanting this tooth for an entire year.  He informed me that they did still have shark teeth and proceeded to dig through a basket of shiny, six dollar rock hearts.  Then from the very bottom, he produced the shark tooth!!
Who would have looked there?

7 comments:

Trisha said...

The kids mentioned they wanted to call Jake to tell him Happy B-Day. We hope he had a great one. That Sponge bob cake was darling!!

Trisha said...

Excuse me, Adam was watching me type and said darling is not the word for the sponge bob cake - it is awesome!

Megan said...

Happy Birthday Jake! Man that kid got spoiled. I am glad a shark tooth was indeed found - I would have felt bad for the kid. Your cake turned out AWESOME! And the whole chain and pad lock thing is just hilarious.

amity said...

thank you for inviting us to the island. it was a lot of fun to spend time with you guys again. hope jake had a great birthday. i love that you managed to get a picture of the fat man in the speedo with his skinny wife in her scanky bikini (in the background with all the kids). special people. i forgot to tell you that one of the men with the speedos came back to his car with a hand towel around his waist and carrying his speedo in his hand. (he had just come from the showers) well he went over on the side of his car and preceeded to change. i didn't dare look but when i saw him again he was dry and clothed. i really have nothing to talk about. kasen was buck naked and changing in my car with the door open. thanks again for the fun day. sorry we had to take off early.

The White's said...

OOO I love all of the pictures. Nice job, but is your camera working again? Also i could have told you to look under all of that stuff in that little basket for the "shark tooth" tooth, I have not even been there and I knew that. by the way cute cup cakes.

Aly said...

LOVE it!!! These pics turned out so great! We really did have a great time. Thanks for a fun party!! :)

emily ballard said...

Yes, good times. I will post some pictures that show why you should go to Antelope Island in June, not August soon.