Jake is 6

Friday Grandma Sharon watched the kids.  Jake played in the cowboy room while the girls helped Granny make a birthday treat.  Then they all hid & yelled emergency, emergency!!  Jake came out and they all yelled surprise. (Granny wouldn't be here for his birthday.  She was going to stay with Lindsey & Josie.) Grandpa Bruce & Grandma Sharon gave Jake a telescopic hiking stick, a padlock, and 10 feet of chain. 
(Grandma thought that up all by herself)
It was a HUGE hit.  You can always tell were Jake is because that chain is jingling behind him.  He chains up everything he can.
Saturday Grandma Gloria took Jake shopping. He couldn't wait to get some "sneakers" (I love the way he says it)
I told him to get up on the counter so I could take his picture and he started tap dancing. I tell you, it is things like this, that make me a sucker for him :) 
They went all over the town getting the things Jake wanted in the order he wanted to get them. He just had to have these Bakugans & the amazing case to keep them in.  
Now, about the tractors. Jake was helping Grandma Gloria pick out some tractors for Sam & just had to get one for himself. Grandma let him get a tractor and a dump truck. (I have a feeling he worked his charm on her too)
Sunday we had our Ballard Family dinner at Grandma's.  Jake got a Transformer skate board. He waited the longest 17 hours of his life. 
(They picked it out on Saturday too.)
  When I took this picture Jake said "Ah, that's gonna' be a good one!"
Side Note: Today Jake got up early and went straight to riding his board.  A bit later he came in with two bloody elbows.  Gracie said that he locked that skate board up in the shed & said he wasn't going to ride it again until he was 8.

Friday, I called Jake from work and asked him what kind of cake he wanted. There was a long pause and then he said "It is so hard, they are all so good. I'll have chocolate." I told him that I had meant to ask what design or character he wanted and immediately he said Sponge Bob. I talked him into a dinosaur cake which would obviously have chocolate frosting & taste better. Then I gave in, why shouldn't the boy have a Sponge Bob cake?  
Because Mike had to work on Monday we gave Jake our family present Sunday night too. He loved it. Gracie went right to complaining about him not being old enough to have a BB gun. She really wants one. Mike & I decided that the kids could have BB guns when they turned 8. But I have always maintained the position that a boy should get a gun before his sister plus they are a pretty cheap/cool gift!

4 comments:

Taryn said...

I love the cake. It's so cute!

The White's said...

So the cake was a little different, i just would have thought he would have wanted a dog cake, a mountain cake, or a bear cake. but his cake was VERY well done. Also the party at Grandma sharons was fun, he is a cute boy, and says the best stuff that does make everyone a sucker for him.
So does Gracie have a gun? she is 8, so she should have one too.

Phelps Family said...

O- the Bakugans!!! Jake would blend in SO well at our house!! And I love that cake!!

Blake and Jessica said...

Jake Ballard is seriously my boyfriend, but so not in a creepy way. He is adorable. I love the I won't ride the skateboard until I'm 8 and locked it in the shed. Classic. He is just a boy through and through. Your lucky to have such a handsome guy.