Blue, Lindsey's dog, snapped at Auz & bit his ear. (Remember when Jake split his head open & Mike wouldn't let me take him to the doctor?) Well, I am just saying that he had his dog off the mountain & to a vet within an hour.Annual Hall Family Camping Trip
This year instead of going to the Uintas, we stayed at Dean & Lindsey's place in Idaho. We all went up on Thursday night. We got there a little later than we would have liked to, but early enough to make sure we had a full day of fun on Friday.



Our family stayed in Grandma Sharon's trailer, The White's, with JD & Catherine, stayed in Stan's trailer (Dean's boss) Casey & Alyson stayed in Lindsey's old house & Granny & Grandpa & Grandma Great stayed with Dean & Lindsey at their new house.


We were right by a pond, so everyone spent a lot of time over there. They fished & raced in canoes. Cameron negotiated himself several different partners but still never won. He is very competitive:) JD & Casey came in first & Mike & Casey were second. 



Grandma & Addy were in charge of the crafts. The kids loved painting rocks. We made all sorts of animals & monsters. Addy made one with feathers, I caught Auz (the puppy) pointing it. Mike was proud. Taylor brought her very special camping craft, washer necklaces. I made 4. She was so cute giving us the instructions & helping. Grandma had some other crafts, but we were so busy that we didn't even get to them. Grandma did conduct a dance off where a few joined in for dancing to Hanna Montana's Hoe Down Throw-Down, the Macerania, & the Chicken Dance. Lindsey may have been a bit embarrassed when, Dean's boss, Stan showed up:) The guys were having a Turkey Shoot. Mike won that. Someone commented that it was no wonder he was the best shot--He had the most practice.
Blue, Lindsey's dog, snapped at Auz & bit his ear. (Remember when Jake split his head open & Mike wouldn't let me take him to the doctor?) Well, I am just saying that he had his dog off the mountain & to a vet within an hour.
This was a fun year for Mike & I because Jake & Gracie really got the hang of rowing & using the pontoon boats on their own. Gretchen was trying to get a ride in one of the boats when she ran right off the dock. The water around the edges was covered with moss so she must have thought that it was just more ground. I didn't see it but everyone said it was a highlight of the trip. Poor girl. Jake & Johnny also took their turn falling into the pond. 

On Saturday afternoon some went horseback riding while a few of us packed & made lunch. We went to Lava Hot Springs on Saturday as well. Addy was popping off about "mice & men" Mice being too chicken to jump off the high dive. Dean, Cameron, JD, Catherine & Casey were the "Men". If you ask me Addy was worse than a mouse:0 She got up there 2 times. Both times, she came back down. It was so funny. She would run almost to the end, Cameron would jump & she would stop. Please see her comment. She did jump off the next highest. Mike & I took our family back to the camp site for another night & everyone else went home. It was very pleasant & it only rained on Friday.
Blue, Lindsey's dog, snapped at Auz & bit his ear. (Remember when Jake split his head open & Mike wouldn't let me take him to the doctor?) Well, I am just saying that he had his dog off the mountain & to a vet within an hour.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I love the story of Addy and the diving board - that is something I would do. Sounds like a fun weekend with the fam, as per usual. Who knew Lindsey would be living the country life, eh?! ;)
Looks like so much fun. Almost makes me want to keep the Ballard Family camping trip on the calendar.
Almost.
hey thank you for putting my "bad" jumping on the blog. You could of at least put that I jumped off the 27 foot one, but did not do the 33 foot one.
I loved the story about Mike getting his dog to the vet within an hour and not taking Jake to the doctor when he split his head open. That picture of Jake leading the horse is so cute. I think it's cute that he talks so grown up.
Post a Comment