I was on my cell. I was talking to a friend making plans for a BBQ this weekend. Gretchen was crying and whinig about something & Gracie kept trying to interrupt me. Mike was outside. There is always some kind of childhood "emergency" so I kept on visiting. Gracie put another one of her notes in my face.
Of course Jake was hurt, when isn't Jake hurt?
Then Mike came in and said there were some clothes in the laundry room that I needed to address (wonderful, you know I was thinking poop). I asked him to elaborate & he told me that Jake had split his head open. What, what, why hadn't anybody said anything?
I said it needed stitches, Mike said it did not. I called Nurse Melody two houses down. She agreed with me. Mike talked her into trying some steri strips & butterfly band-aids. I guess we will see what it looks like after he sleeps on it....
10 comments:
What? how did this happen? wow, you should listen next time they say JAKE IS HURT, or at lest go look.
I know, only let Gracie write a note if Jake has BLOOD, then you will know if you should get off the phone, or if Jake is being a baby. YES, that would be a good idea to have as a rule at your house. HAHA "GOOD IDEA"
O.K. just to clear a couple of things up. I was not outside I was downstairs taking care of the boy. And the nurse said it could go either way with the stitches. And we all know that they'll put a stitch or two in just about anything!
Mike
Ouch!! I have to give it to Mike for dealing with that just because my hubby would have taken one look at that and passed out and split his chin open or something. (remind me to tell you his mission story - he gets so embarrassed) Then I would have had two emegencies to deal with.
How does it look this morning? I guess I will get a look when he comes today!
Just for the record. The nurse really worked to get the band-aids to stick. She was concerned about it splitting back open. AND, lets just hope the scar isn't HUGE when he goes bald.
after many trips for split lips with easton, pa mckay keeps the house stocked with the medic super glue, please call if you want some! but then again, scotty would want to stitch the poor boy as that is his favorite thing......
Poor Jake - glad that tough guys is okay. I love that Gracie has to write you a note to get your attention - why couldn't Jake just come show you his head?! LOL.
oh my gosh!! aren't boys fun? did you not have to work today? call me.
oh my gosh!! aren't boys fun? did you not have to work today? call me.
Poor kid! Angie you always make me laugh!! I can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!!!!! Isn't that the way it always goes? The phone, the phone the phone. That is why I don't talk on the phone because by the time I'm off of it I want to do THAT to one of my kids!!
Post a Comment