This morning when I got up I saw that Mike had propped one of his ladders up against the back of the house. I had this thought --that will create a problem today-- I dismissed it and went about my morning. The kids went outside to play. They had been playing for sometime and I heard some tragic screams. I was just sure the previously mentioned ladder was involved. I ran outside to find Gracie hanging from the carport roof.
I got her down and proceeded to reprimand while trying not to laugh out loud as I discovered what had happened. She had set Mike's shorter ladder up on a large rubbermaid toy box that we keep outside. She had started to climb up when the ladder slipped off the flimsy, plastic base (toy box) & left her hanging from the rain gutter. When I stopped talking/yelling I heard a cautious voice from above ask
"Umm, now how am I supposed to get down?"
7 comments:
hah, that is hilarious. and i love gracies face in that first pic too. :-) and one day, i'll be able to turn down a cookie also...i love that you dreamt about it
I was wondering if you grabbed your camera on the way out after hearing the screaming. I think the reenactment was a fantastic idea. And Gracie is such a good actress ;)
I love being a mother. The adventures never end. Oh, and I love those kids of yours.
As i was reading i was thinking, did she really have time to take a pic before so got Gracie down? Then i read the reenactment part and it made me simle that yes you had put your kids in danger for me to enjoy this great post, thank you!
Oh man, she pulled a Ron Nye! show her the picture of my dads face after he fell from the ladder, I dont think they will do anymore climbing after that!
Thank you for putting your children in harms way to tell us this story. And i love that Jake had to get on the roof also. I wager he will last through this year but will quickly be suspended in the fall.
Love this post. I like the idea of re-creating the actual events to get pictures (never mind the jeopardy part, documentation it everything). Love reading your blog.
Post a Comment