Skipping School
Mike took Gracie & Jake goose hunting this morning.
They had to get up early & Gretch & I got to sleep in! When they came home they were telling me all about it & I so wish I had it on video. Jake was talking in his deep voice & Gracie was giddy. Jake said that the worst part was the ants in his pants. He told me they were fire ants, but Gracie shook her head, so they must have been the kind a kid gets when he is excited but has to sit and wait.
They both said that sitting in the ditch was itchy, but that Daddy had made them a cool blind to keep them hidden. Jake had to go and get a glove and lost his shoe, he had to hop all around that place with one foot. I asked Mike about that & he had no idea what that kid was talking about. Gracie said she got cold and pulled daddy's coat up over her face and fell asleep. "We got ripped off, we only got 2 geese!" Gracie explained. The day before Mike and some buddies got 19. I guess that would make you feel ripped off.
They went with the Hill's, Jeff & Jackson.
When I asked them who shot the geese they both spoke at the same time. Gracie: Jeff & Daddy. Jake: Jeff, Jake & Mike. He is pretty convinced he got one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
i love that jake is convinced that he got one too and somehow lost his shoe...that's such a fun thing for them to go and do with mike. i loveit
Mike is a good dad. You kids will remember that for ever. I wish you could have taped it too.
Jake is such a boy, I love it! I think of all your children he resembles you the most.
I'm going to have to show Dave these photos. This is his dream to take Hunter and Mckell out hunting, but I won't let him (they're too young is my excuse) Well then again maybe I won't show Dave these photos:) Maybe I can hold out on the whole taking the kids hunting for a few more years. We'll see. And Jake did a darling job on his talk. The whole "good job" thing was hilarious. Things like that are what make the primary programs so dang cute.
I hope your kids never lose their creativity/imagination. The stories they come up with are the greatest. Looks like a fun day with their dad. Does anyone else think it is funny that 2 live geese are sniffing the 2 dead ones?
Like I know anything about hunting?! LOL. Now I know why I was the only one to mention anything regarding that matter.
What great memories they are going to have.. Parker is jealous! How fun that you and the Hills are such great friends, I miss the good old posse days :)
That is so much fun. I think that is so sweet of Mike to involve them! I bet they loved it.
Post a Comment