September 1st

I have been waiting for this day for months. Think of it... Mike hunting & me with only ONE kid! The silly weather ruined my miraculous plan. Mike still went hunting for doves, it was just too wet for the kids. Oh well, I did a lot of cleaning and thanks to some intervention I was emotionally stable and let Gracie help. I taught her a few things about cleaning. She wouldn't stick her hand in to scrub the toilet, because it was a "foul job" she could not be a part of. That afternoon Mike came home and when the weather dried up he took Gracie & Jake out dove hunting. I am so lame that I didn't even have anything for Gretchen & I to do. We called Aunt Emilee to come over & visit. Lucky for us she did. She always brings something fabulous when she comes. She brought us a loaf of her amazing home made bread & some corn on the cob from the farmers market. I had some garden tomatoes from Grandma & Grandpa Ballard. We were in heaven, summer is so yummy. After the dove hunt we met at Johnny's Dairy for some ice cream and stories. It was fun to watch the kids eyes twinkle as they shares their experiences.When they were out together they got 13 doves. Jake said that he shot 2. Sometimes we call him Pacos Jake because he tells such good stories. Did you know he can rope a tornado?

2 comments:

Chelsie said...

i love all the new posts. i didn't know the mike took the kids hunting with him. how fun, and what fun memories for them to have. i love the diaper train...and bless her heart for keeping her dogs in mind. it's about time dean and lindsey had a kid....he'd probably be a lot of help for dean up there:-)

Megan said...

I love when you post - I love how you tell the stories and your hilarious kiddos. You guys are always doing fun stuff.