Weber County Fair

So I was in a big hurry & didn't have time to write about craft day. We actually had 2 this week. Tuesday we went swimming at the city pool. Pardon, no pictures. Wednesday we went to the Weber County Fair. It was free admission until 3. I was just sure that the weather would be perfect. It was overcast with a chance of showers.. I heard cool. Turns out you can bake in thoes conditions. We had a good time though. Mike was able to join us. Addy loaned us Rio too. We took these "photo booth" pictures at the Wells Fargo booth (why should my kids miss out, just because "bank" is a dirty word?) They had fun activities for kids. There was a "vault" where the kids could go in & fake money would blow around them. They would catch as much as they could & then turn one in for a prize. Jake got a gold necklace with a dollar sign, a little embarrassing, but he loved it. My mom offed to buy it from him to use in her class. He sold it to her, but had a hard time taking it off. They had to tell him "Dean wouldn't wear a necklace." That "Dean" stuff works every time!


We looked at all of the animals and the kids just love it. This goat all but came right out of his pen. He was standing on the fence and stretching out. I find myself a little embarrassed that my kids are so amazed with the animals. Lindsey calls them "city kids". I guess they are, but I feel bad about that. When I was younger, I went around and looked at the animals, but I was really only looking at the posters each participant displayed to introduce their animals. I remember thinking how creative the displays looked & not being impressed with the animals. I enjoyed the silly "city kids" that were mesmerized when I climbed up on a horse. I was really lucky to have those opportunities as a kid. Our day at the fair made me realize how much hotter it seems as an adult & wow, do I ever owe my dad a big thank you for taking that week off every year & working so hard for us kids to be there.

Speaking of taking the week off... My dad helped with the Draft Horse Bonanza this year. He took Jake with him around the arena & to get all the horse classes organized. I walked into the arena to check on Jake & see if Grandpa Bruce had had his feel & this is what I found. Jake was sitting up on that wagon right in the middle of the "Boys Driving" class. He looked so cute. There I was with a "city kid" look on my face.
In addition to the free admission the tickets for the rides were only a $1. I wish you could have seen Gracie's expressions every time she came around. She has a darling giggle & is always quite delighted with amusement rides (like her mother).
Mike took Rio, Jake & Gretchen home. Gracie & I were able to go around and look at all of the arts & crafts. We had so much fun. I really enjoy spending time alone with her. She was so cute and when we got to the quilts she wanted to play a little game. She wanted us to each pick our favorite one in the sections. I would pick mine & then she would say "I like this one, but I think we should pick one on each row in each section." Then I would pick one on each row & she would change the terms to something different. She just thought they were all so pretty she couldn't pick just one. Her favorite had to be the dioramas. She had already started one of her own. She kept saying "I am going to make something to audition for the fair next year." I hope I remember, she would love it.

3 comments:

Trisha said...

Where did you take these darling pictures? What a fun mom!

Megan said...

So cute. Would you teach me how to be all digitally cute. Maybe helping me with my hair wouldn't hurt either!

Anonymous said...

Are you allowed to say where the pictures are from? He he, now you are caught!