Good news! Another procedure for our baby. Due to the previously discussed illnesses, we ended up at the McKay Dee Surgical Center this morning. Miss Gretchen had her old tubes removed and her adenoids taken out. The nurses thought her dirty looks were pretty funny. Her recovery was quite pleasant she slept the entire time on daddy's lap. Of all of our anesthetic experiences, she had the best recovery. When they brought her out of surgery they said she had been crying, but we didn't see any of that until later in the evening. I think she was pretty dosed up on different medications. In recovery they tell you to only do clear liquids and soft foods for the first day, maybe two. She was quite delighted with her complimentary water bottle of apple juice. On the way home Mike & I stopped at Steve's restaurant for lunch. We ordered her a banana split. She would not touch it. I guess I should have known, she loves mexican food. She ate all of my refried beans & most of two salsas. She fell asleep on the way home. She was a little bothered tonight & certainly upset when I gave her the antibiotics, tylenol, eye drops & ear drops! I hope this works....
Grouchy Gretchy
Good news! Another procedure for our baby. Due to the previously discussed illnesses, we ended up at the McKay Dee Surgical Center this morning. Miss Gretchen had her old tubes removed and her adenoids taken out. The nurses thought her dirty looks were pretty funny. Her recovery was quite pleasant she slept the entire time on daddy's lap. Of all of our anesthetic experiences, she had the best recovery. When they brought her out of surgery they said she had been crying, but we didn't see any of that until later in the evening. I think she was pretty dosed up on different medications. In recovery they tell you to only do clear liquids and soft foods for the first day, maybe two. She was quite delighted with her complimentary water bottle of apple juice. On the way home Mike & I stopped at Steve's restaurant for lunch. We ordered her a banana split. She would not touch it. I guess I should have known, she loves mexican food. She ate all of my refried beans & most of two salsas. She fell asleep on the way home. She was a little bothered tonight & certainly upset when I gave her the antibiotics, tylenol, eye drops & ear drops! I hope this works....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ah, poor gretchin! That does not sound like a fun surgery to go through. Hey there is liquid in the beans...and the dressing...so I say she's good. :-) Hope she gets feelin better
What a day for all of you. That is no fun. There is nothing like the string of ear infections that I'm sure she has had. Mylee was the queen of sickness when she was little. Now, she NEVER get sick. I think she built up enough immunity to last the rest of her life. Tell Mikey hi from the Gladwell Gang.
That sucks, Yeah I've been through three sets of tubes and adenoids. And to this day Kate has an ear infection every other week. Man that 3,000 dollars sure was worth it.
Post a Comment